Join us at QEIS
Industrial Electrician / Journeyman
- Must have experience in industrial electrical construction as an electrician working independently and diligently with minimal directions, to complete tasks on schedule.
- The electrician is responsible for installing, troubleshooting, diagnostics, and repair on a variety of industrial equipment, controls, facilities, and infrastructure.
- Install electrical power systems and wiring, maintain documentation, and line drawings, install equipment and machinery, run tests to validate operation and safety.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair on controls and power supply for hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, electrical/electronic controls, lighting, switches, automation, etc. as found in an industrial manufacturing facility.
- Operate and maintain tools and equipment necessary for completing tasks in a safe and productive manner.
- Perform preventative maintenance activities, tests to ensure that all repairs have been successfully completed and all safety measures restored.
- Stay current on the latest technologies and develop a thorough understanding of repair and maintenance methods.
- Maintain accurate and timely recordkeeping – work orders, inspection logs.
- Team and safety-oriented. Always wear PPE and work safely, be an example of good behavior. Follow all work processes and policies. Work cooperatively with co-workers. Productively manage working hours and work schedules to support project schedules.
- Must be willing to work in a saw mill environment.
- Competent in panel terminations.
- Switch gear upgrades – (Low – med – high) voltage cable and terminations.
- Able to install conduit, pull wire, and cable as needed to facilitate various electrical systems.
- Able to read blueprints.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Must provide and maintain personal hand tools per company policy.
- Must have own dependable transportation.
- Must pass drug screen and background check.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid holiday
- Paid vacation
- Benefit conditions: waiting period may apply.
- Electrical experience: >2 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
License / Certification:
- Driver’s license (Preferred)
- Electrical license (Preferred)
- Multiple locations throughout the continental U.S. – Current project location: NC
Number of hires for this role:
- 5 to 10
- $20 – $28 per hour based on qualification and skill set.
- Plus performance bonus.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment:
- Ability to routinely lift up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Work up to 10 hours in a hot/cold manufacturing environment.
- Safeguard self with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – steel-toed shoes, eye protection (glasses, goggles, and/or face mask) hearing protection and long-sleeved shirt (with shirt tail tucked in) as necessary for task.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
- Willingness to travel to projects throughout the continental U.S. is expected.
This position is ideal for someone who is:
- Dependable and expects the same from the company.
- People-oriented and enjoys working in teams.
- Flexible and enjoys working in different industries.
- Detail oriented .
- Seeking advancement opportunities.
QEIS is an equal opportunity employer. QEIS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact HR direct at 470 745 0106.